Welcome and Mabuhay

If you love Marinduque and want to contribute articles to this site, please do so. My contact information is in my profile. The above photo was taken from the balcony of The Chateau Du Mer Beach House, Boac, Marindque, Philippines. I love sunsets. How about you? Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights. Thank you and Cheers!

Tres Reyes Island view of the Marinduque Mainland

Saturday, October 23, 2021

The 2021 and 1984 Movie Versions of Dune on My HBOMax Account

Photo Credit: Wikipedia -The Giant Sand Worm
 

I just finished watching the premier of Dune, 2021 with Timothee Chalamet and Zendaya last night as well as the 1984 movie version of David Lynch. I enjoyed them both but personally I enjoyed the old version. The development of both versions is complicated and fill with controversy. 

If you are interested in the history and development of the two movie versions read,   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dune_(2021_film) and  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dune_(1984_film)

The 2021 version is now in the movie theaters as well as in HBO Max. Since I am home bound and scared of exposure to the non-vaccinated persons watching it in my Big TV screen at home is a blessing.

There are several reviews of the 2021 movie and here's one of them.

 https://www.engadget.com/dune-movie-review-cinema-hbo-max-173051367.html

I agree 100% with this review- 1984 version is the whole story- The 2021 version is only Part 1.


Here's one of the Trailers of the 2021 Movie Version

 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...