Welcome and Mabuhay

If you love Marinduque and want to contribute articles to this site, please do so. My contact information is in my profile. The above photo was taken from the balcony of The Chateau Du Mer Beach House, Boac, Marindque, Philippines. I love sunsets. How about you? Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights. Thank you and Cheers!

Tres Reyes Island view of the Marinduque Mainland

Saturday, October 16, 2021

Our Three Favorite Cars since 1960 to the Present

Our First Car-a used 1957 Mercury Montclair, Chicago, Illinois

Macrine (RIP) and I have purchased 7 cars since 1960. We are not into cars as a Status symbol. We treat cars as a necessity not a luxury to show off, unlike some of a few friends we had here in the US. When we were in Chicago, we had a Filipino-American friend who had a new car annually. It was the most expensive car and he loves to show off to other Filipinos. It was his Status Symbol. His expensive car made him feel super rich and felt acceptable to our group of Filipino-Americans. Personally, I was wondering how he could afford it. We finally found out he was just renting it and not buying it.  Of the 7 cars we have our three favorites are:

1. Our First Car in Chicago-a used 1957 Mercury Montclair

2. Macrine's Car- a new 1997 RED Celica Celica GT Convertible and

3. My current car - new 2000 Nissan Maxima, GLE 4D Sedan(Overhauled in 2014)



 



This is my current car. We purchased it new in Maryland in 2000. We had it shipped to California when I retired in 2002. Since then we had a complete overhaul and a new engine and transmission installed in 2014. It runs like new and I am still very pleased with it.  This will be my last car, since my driving license will expire this December on my 87th birthday. I do not intend to renew my driver's license.

Meanwhile enjoy these photos from my garden this summer.



Meanwhile enjoy Andre Rieu rendition of the Gadfly-also known as Shoskatovich Romance-one of my favorites




 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...