Welcome and Mabuhay

If you love Marinduque and want to contribute articles to this site, please do so. My contact information is in my profile. The above photo was taken from the balcony of The Chateau Du Mer Beach House, Boac, Marindque, Philippines. I love sunsets. How about you? Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights. Thank you and Cheers!

Tres Reyes Island view of the Marinduque Mainland

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Host a Thanksgiving Dinner for 10 with Minimum Hustle



In my article last week, I indicated that there will be only 8 people( the previous years, we have always more than 20 guests) who will be able to attend the Thanksgiving Dinner here at the Katague Residence this Thanksgiving Day. I also indicated that my wife was planning to roast a duck that we purchased from Seafood City instead of the traditional Turkey. However, after my daughter suggested that we just purchased our Turkey Dinner, since there are only 8 of us, my wife and I decided it is a good idea. So, I ordered the Turkey Dinner on line from Raley's, the other day. All I have to do is pick it up on November 21 after 12 noon. So here is the package that I ordered. It cost only $59.99. Heating and Preparations will take only from 1.5 to 2 hours. It will serve from 8 to 10 persons.

Raley's Traditional Turkey Dinner

All the ingredients necessary for a special holiday dinner: a pre-cooked oven roasted Butterball turkey, exquisite side dishes, rolls and a delectable dessert.
Heating & Preparation: 1 1/2 to 2 hours

All Fresh Side Dishes

Fully-cooked Butterball Turkey (hormone free) – 10 to 12 lb.

Cornbread mix herb stuffing with carrots onions and celery – 28 oz.

Fresh creamy mashed potatoes – 5 lb.

Fresh homestyle gravy – 24 oz.

Fresh broccoli cheese and rice casserole – 32 oz.

Cranberry apple sauce – 10 oz.

Bakery fresh butter and egg rolls – dozen

9" pumpkin pie

In addition to the above, we have already purchased a 5 lbs honey baked ham. My wife will also be preparing her favorite recipe of Chicken Macaroni Salad.

So, if you are lazy to cook and are expecting not more than 10 guests, buying a pre-cooked turkey Dinner with the side dishes is the way to go.

Note: This Thursday ( November 22), is also my youngest son 50th Birthday. So along with the above, I ordered a Birthday cake ( a carrot cake with cheese cream toppings and filled with fresh strawberries) for only $19.99
I promise not to overeat!

Again, Happy Thanksgiving to All!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...