Welcome and Mabuhay

If you love Marinduque and want to contribute articles to this site, please do so. My contact information is in my profile. The above photo was taken from the balcony of The Chateau Du Mer Beach House, Boac, Marindque, Philippines. I love sunsets. How about you? Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights. Thank you and Cheers!

Tres Reyes Island view of the Marinduque Mainland

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Calling All Filipino Americans for Action

Calling all Filipino Americans-I Need your Help!
If you are a Filipino-American I am asking for your support in urging and lobbying President Obama to appoint Filipino-Americans in senior level positions in the Federal Bureaucracy in his coming second term. You can do this via your local or national Filipino-American Associations or e-mailing directly the White House. The White House has set-up an e-mail system ( typed in Google search, E-mail White House or E-mail Obama) that will directly connect you to the White House. You have up to 2,500 characters to send your message.

I did this the other day and still waiting for a response. In my e-mail I stated that three of the groups that assured the reelection of President Obama were the Latin Americans, Asian Americans and Women. I reminded the President of these facts even if he is no longer qualified for a third term. Women, Minorities and Asian -Americans specifically Filipino-Americans are not well represented in the senior levels of employment in the Federal Bureaucracy.

I also informed the White House that I know personally of two women who are well qualified for Federal Appointments, since both of these women are now occupying high level positions in the State of California. The first woman has Hispanic roots and the second woman has Filipino ancestry. These two women are willing to relocate themselves and their families to the Washington D.C. area in spite of the poor climate ( compared to Northern California), if they are offered a high level positions in the Federal government.

My family and I have resided in the State of Maryland for 12 years. So, I know what I am talking about when I compared the climate and weather in the tri-state area of Maryland, Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C. with that of the Sacramento area.

Finally, if you know of a Filipino-American who is qualified for a high level positions in the Federal Government, let me know. I will add his or her name in the list that I will send to the White House. Include a short biography of your nominee, reasons why you are nominating this person and positions desired in the Federal Government. I am planning to send this list by mid-December. Thank You!

Personal Note: I am a retired Federal Employee(FDA). At the time of my employment with the Food and Drug Administration (1990-2002), I attained a GS-14 level position in the Center of New Drugs Chemistry. At that time, as far as I knew, I was the first Filipino-American who attained the title of Chemistry Team Leader with first line supervisory responsibilities in the history of FDA.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...