Welcome and Mabuhay

If you love Marinduque and want to contribute articles to this site, please do so. My contact information is in my profile. The above photo was taken from the balcony of The Chateau Du Mer Beach House, Boac, Marindque, Philippines. I love sunsets. How about you? Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights. Thank you and Cheers!

Tres Reyes Island view of the Marinduque Mainland

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Are the Full Body Scanners in your Airport?


Are you in favor of the use of full body scanner in airports? Do you think it is an invasion of privacy? Should it be mandatory or optional? Look at the video below and judge for yourself.


Here's the latest news on this subject from Justicenewsflash.com.by Sandra Quinlan.
Memphis Pilot Refuses Full-Body Scan, Pat-Down; Stands Up for Privacy Rights

Memphis, TN—A commercial pilot is taking time off work and seeking legal counsel after he refused to walk through a full-body scanner at Memphis International Airport, as reported by WMCTV. The pilot, who declined a pat-down as well, maintained that while airport security is indeed imperative, a system that does not infringe upon individuals privacy or civil rights should be established.

According to Michael Roberts, “I did exactly what I’ve done for the last four-and-a-half years to get to work, but this time they wanted to put their hands on me… They wanted me to take off my shoes and go through the scanner, and I told them I didn’t want to go through the scanner.”

Transportation Security Administration (TSA) agents then told him he would need to go through a secondary screening to pass through security, a pat-down.

He also rejected the secondary screening. “The bottom line is, I’m not especially comfortable with being frisked by an agent of the federal government everyday on my way to work,” the ExpressJet Airlines pilot said.

After the incident, TSA agents asked Roberts for his driver’s license, supervisor’s name, and ExpressJet Airline’s phone number, informing him that they would be filing a report with the Transportation Security Operations Center.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...