Welcome and Mabuhay

If you love Marinduque and want to contribute articles to this site, please do so. My contact information is in my profile. The above photo was taken from the balcony of The Chateau Du Mer Beach House, Boac, Marindque, Philippines. I love sunsets. How about you? Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights. Thank you and Cheers!

Tres Reyes Island view of the Marinduque Mainland

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Some Reviews and Amenities of The Heritage Downtown, Walnut Creek, CA

Some Reviews and Amenities of The Heritage Downtown (THD), Walnut Creek

The Gated Entrance-Under Ground Parking Garage-Each Residents have an Assigned Parking Space with a Storage Bin

The Heritage Downtown (THD) is the Bay Area's premier active senior living community. Centrally located in beautiful Downtown Walnut Creek, CA. The Heritage Downtown is nestled in lush green grounds and provides simply the best in 55+ retirement living apartment homes. This resort-style independent senior living community was established in 1986 and offers an array of all-inclusive amenities including daily 5-star dining, health and wellness programs, fitness classes, social activities, assisted living care and elegant surroundings.

Awarded BEST OF SENIOR LIVING by a Place for Mom – 2023

The Newton Restaurant and Front Entrance
History -Established in 1986. Originally built as condos, the property become senior shortly thereafter. With the addition of our 5-star restaurant Newton's, no other senior property in the area can compare in quality of dining and living.
  • Overall rating is 4 out of 5. Of the 14 reviews only 2 were 1 Star. All other ratings were either 4 or 5 Star.

    Here are some reviews: I deleted the names of the Reviewers for privacy.
    5/20/2018- My parents lived at Heritage for almost 4 years and it was a wonderful experience. The food was excellent, the staff was caring and always went the extra mile. We only moved them away because my parents needed a lot of medical care but if they had maintained their health they would still be living there. If something came up, the staff would call me out of state to let me know. The field trips and speakers are plentiful and lots of variety. 
     
     
    The Lobby and Front Desk Office-Concierge Services- The Wall Street Journal, New York Times and the East Bay Newspapers are available/free in the Lobby every morning 
     
    9/30/2021-My wife and I lived in a two-bedroom apartment at The Heritage Downtown for a year -- from October 2020 to September 2021.  It was a great place to live with a nice location near downtown Walnut Creek, friendly residents and great food.  We moved back to northern Oregon only because we found we missed our old friends and our previous community more than we expected.  The residents at The Heritage were older than I expected with an average age probably in the upper 80's.  However, our dinner table conversations were almost always interesting and we made many friends.
    The Swimming Pool and Jacussi
     
    4/1/2020- I got a tour of this place not too long ago and I was amazed by how clean and nice it is. The staff is so attentive and friendly! As soon as I walked in, the people at the front desk took their time to say hello and see if I needed anything. The restaurant area was sparkling and the food looked really good. The residents looked happy and engaged, which is the most important part. I highly recommend this place for senior living
     
    3/22/2020- A rude staff member- Filipino guy in glasses at front- does not know how to talk to people. He needs re-training asap. ( Just wondering how did she know the guy was Filipino).
     
    One of the Court Yards in the Center of the Apartment Buildings
     
    6/18/2017- My brother and I dined here for Father's Day brunch.....first class service and cruise ship atmosphere!  The food was excellent!
    The Fully Equipped kitchen with Electric Stove and Microwave.
     
    9/15/2016- The staff is amazing and what I love about the place, is the feel when you walk in the door.  Residents are really enjoying themselves and living their lives.  A couple of my clients are at The Heritage Point and I recommend this wonderful place to anyone who is interested!
     
    4/15/2015-Professional, caring staff- that goes the extra mile or two if needed. The food is great ! The staff is above and beyond the call of duty...as I see it. My mother has been here two years...and the level of service, communication is great ! I can't see having my mother at any other place. Please feel free to contact me ..and I will tell you...mom is good, the care is good, and the food is GREAT !
     

    The Newton's in the Facility- A 5 Star Rated Restaurant-There is also a Cinema in the Compound
     
    12/21/2017- My mother-in-law lived at The Heritage Downtown for almost 11 years, until she needed the help of an Assisted Living facility at age 95.  It was great for her and great for her large extended family.  Our family became 'friends' with many of the people who work there, from the Administration to the loving servers and cooks in the Dining Room.  The food served in their open-kitchen was always fantastic--like a nice restaurant, always with various selections.  She enjoyed the variety of activities and entertainment offered there.  We are ending our time with THD, but look back very fondly!
    The Open Kitchen using fresh produce from the Facility Vegetable and Herb Garden
     

    9/13/2017- My mother-in-law has lived at The Heritage Downtown for over 10 years now and she loves it.  She gets lots of attention there and the meals are wonderful! Some of the staff have become 'friends,' due to the high level of care and attention they give both the resident and the resident's family.  Nice quiet location, but handily located near downtown.  Five Stars!!
     
    3/3/2015- Great place. Fantastic location. Staff is very friendly and helpful. My father said they treat him like a King.
     
    1/12/2015- DO NOT STAY HERE!  BEWARE:  This place cheated my mom out of her rightful deposit refund.  The marketing department makes promises to get your business and then back- pedal to get out of it. Staff manipulative and facility poorly run. In addition - MANY, MANY safety issues for the elderly. Call the City of Walnut Creek for the long list of complaints.  Agree with other reviewer - my mom took a sudden and unplanned turn for the worse and they forced her to give 30 days notice and pay rent, along with meals,

 

Night Time at The Heritage Downtown, Walnut Creek, Ca-my future home

Personal Notes: Based on my initial observation from our tour last week, I am already rating it as a 4.5 star senior living facility. Jenny Shively, the Community Relations Director, our tour guide was knowledgeable, friendly, patient and just an excellent guide of the Facility. Thank you, Jenny for your work and of course, the complimentary lunch for both Dodie and Me. 

The Deal maker of our tour besides the Amenities and the Apartment with fully equipped kitchen was the huge patio that had enough room for Batman & Robin to play Hide and Seek as well as some of my potted plants. 





I have a feeling I will be very happy in this facility only 15 minutes from Benicia or Dublin where my 2 oldest children reside. Moving Date: June 1.

This is my current patio space here in Fair Oaks. It is a little bit wider but shorter compared to my future patio space as shown in the three photos above.


 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...