Welcome and Mabuhay

If you love Marinduque and want to contribute articles to this site, please do so. My contact information is in my profile. The above photo was taken from the balcony of The Chateau Du Mer Beach House, Boac, Marindque, Philippines. I love sunsets. How about you? Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights. Thank you and Cheers!

Tres Reyes Island view of the Marinduque Mainland

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Macrine is Out of Rehab and Enjoying Home Life Again

This morning we checked out from Manor Care Center(MCC) after staying only for 5 days. So Macrine total Rehab days were only 15, but with 60 days of home visit from a visiting nurse, PT, OT, and nurses aid if needed. More important is the memory therapy mentioned by the speech therapist at Manor Care.

I decided to maintain her sanity so we checked out 5 days earlier than the standard rehab days( 20 days) paid by Medicare.

We were very happy with the services of Manor Care. However, since there was a no smoking area in the whole care center, Macrine was not happy, moody and irritable. So I encourage her to do her PT religiously ( walking with a walker) and today she is about 85% recovered.

The memory therapy was the first service I heard this year. It teaches the patient to automatically do an action with out thinking or as if it is a natural action to do. In Macrine's case she has to use her walker every time she walks without me or David III reminding her all the time. I hope this memory therapy works.

We got reacquainted with about 10 old employees ( nurses and aids) that also served us last year when Macrine was doing her rehab at Manor Care. With the exception of the head and one employee all the PT personnel were new ( less than one year), thus they were conscientious of their job. MCC PT department is better than the PT Department in Whitney Oaks.

With Macrine at home, my life is backed to normal. I could enjoy my own bed and do my own thing ( blogging and watching my favorite TV shows).

Again, Thank You To all who send their wishes for Macrine speedy recovery and concerned of Macrine's health.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...