Welcome and Mabuhay

If you love Marinduque and want to contribute articles to this site, please do so. My contact information is in my profile. The above photo was taken from the balcony of The Chateau Du Mer Beach House, Boac, Marindque, Philippines. I love sunsets. How about you? Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights. Thank you and Cheers!

Tres Reyes Island view of the Marinduque Mainland

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The Senior's Alphabet- A 2016 Update


We just arrived from our brief 45-days sojourn in our retirement home in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines. Our short stay reminded me of how we are really aging. Macrine's PD is slowed down by medications. However, the side effects of medications is one reason why we have to abort our 90-Day planned vacation at our Seaside Garden Paradise we named Chateau Du Mer. Attached is an article I wrote on my blogs about the Senior's Alphabet. If you are a senior citizens, I am sure you can identify a few of the alphabets. Have Fun and Have a Great Day, wherever you are in this planet-Earth


I found this on the web from an anonymous source, when I was checking my e-mail from an internet Cafe in Makati on our way back to California, after four and a half months of enjoying the sights and sounds of Chateau Du Mer, our winter residence in Boac, Marinduque, Philippines. If you are a senior citizen, like me, I am sure you can identify with most of the alphabets. If you are not, your time will come. You can not stop the aging process, but you could slow it down by exercise ( both mind and body), less stress, good food, good friends and a loving family and relatives. Good day to all, my on-line friends.



Seniors' Alphabet

A for arthritis, B for bad back,
C is for chest pains. Perhaps cardiac?

D is for dental decay and decline,
E is for eyesight--can't read that top line.

F is for fissures and fluid retention,
G is for gas (which I'd rather not mention.)

H high blood pressure (I'd rather have low,)
I for incisions with scars you can show.

J is for joints, that now fail to flex,
L for libido--what happened to sex?

Wait! I forgot about K!
K is for my knees that crack when they're bent,
(Please forgive me, my Memory ain't worth a cent.)

N for neurosis, pinched nerves and stiff neck,
0 is for osteo- and all bones that crack.

P for prescriptions, I have quite a few.
Give me another pill; I'll be good as new!

Q is for queasiness. Fatal or flu?
R is for reflux--one meal turns into two

S is for sleepless nights, counting my fears,
T for tinnitus--! hear bells in my ears.

U is for urinary: difficulties with flow,
V is for vertigo, that's "dizzy", you know.

W is worry, now what's going 'round?
X is for X ray--and what might be found.

Y for another year I've left behind,
Z is for zest that I still have my mind.

How many of the alphabets, can you relate to?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...