Welcome and Mabuhay

If you love Marinduque and want to contribute articles to this site, please do so. My contact information is in my profile. The above photo was taken from the balcony of The Chateau Du Mer Beach House, Boac, Marindque, Philippines. I love sunsets. How about you? Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights. Thank you and Cheers!

Tres Reyes Island view of the Marinduque Mainland

Monday, April 13, 2015

Aging Gracefully and Secrets to Longevity


I was watching a CNN special report the other day hosted by Dr Sanji Gupta on the subject of longevity. The show discussed some common activities of people from all parts of the world who are 90 years old or older. It was discussed that being active, good diet ( less meat more vegetables),a purpose in life, feeling of belonging, faith in God, and clean living ( less stress, no smoking) are some of the factors why people reached the ripe age of 90 or older.

I ask myself what is my chance of reaching 90 years old or older based on the facts discussed above. The answer is I really do not know. I am now 80 years old and If I continue my current lifestyle, I believe and hope I will still be active when I turned 90 years old in 2025.

<My youngest grand daughter, Carenna Katague Thompson, Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, California

First, I have a purpose why I want to live longer. I hope and pray to God I will live to see my youngest grand daughter graduate in College. My youngest grand daughter will be 12 years old next month (above photo).

Second, I try to maintain an active life both physically( walking and light gardening) and mentally ( writing, reading and computer bridge/games).

Third, I tried to eat balance meals, less meat and more seafood products,fruits and vegetables and a glass of red wine daily( no more or less).

Fourth, I practice the Art of Laughter which is not only the best medicine, but it prolongs life according to the above report.

Last but not least, I have Faith in God, and surrounded by loving relatives and friends.

The following is a short video of a woman's secret to longevity.



If you are over 80 and reading this, may I have the pleasure of meeting you and share with me your secrets of longevity.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...