Welcome and Mabuhay
If you love Marinduque and want to contribute articles to this site, please do so. My contact information is in my profile. The above photo was taken from the balcony of The Chateau Du Mer Beach House, Boac, Marindque, Philippines. I love sunsets. How about you? Please do not forget to read the latest national and international news in the right side bar of this blog. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights. Thank you and Cheers!
Friday, May 2, 2014
Only on Sunday-Beef Soup with Vegetables
We can have beef soup( nilaga na baka) with vegetables only during Sunday here at Chateau Du Mer. The reason is that beef slaughtering is only done once in the week on Sunday morning at dawn. My driver has to drive to the slaughter house very early in the morning before 5AM so he can have first choice of the best beef meat and bones for the following recipe used by our cook. It is similar to the one published by www.food.com/beef soup. Enjoy and Share!
1/2 kg beef (for stewing) and 1/2 beef bones with marrow
2 big onions (diced)
1/2 head garlic (minced)
1 pinch salt and pepper
6 medium potatoes (cut to the same size as the beef)
10 pieces bok choy (cut into 2) or pechay
1/4 kg of green beans, cut into 6" in length
2 tablespoons patis (Asian fish sauce)( optional in my recipe)
2 tablespoons oil
1. In a soup pot, saute garlic and onion.
2. Add in beef, water and bring to a boil, lower the fire and let simmer until beef is tender for about an hour or two (longer for more flavor). Alternately you can use a pressure cooker( 20 minutes) to insure beef is tender.
3. Remove all the resulting scum that will rise to the top of the pot and keep the stock clear.
4. Add potatoes and bring up to a boil to cook potatoes.
5. Season with salt, pepper and patis ( optional in my recipe, since I hate patis).
6. Add in vegetables, green beans first and cook uncovered.
7. Serve hot with steam white rice, soy sauce and calamansi to taste.