Welcome and Mabuhay

If you love Marinduque and want to contribute articles to this site, please do so. My contact information is in my profile. The above photo was taken from the balcony of The Chateau Du Mer Beach House, Boac, Marindque, Philippines. I love sunsets. How about you? Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights. Thank you and Cheers!

Tres Reyes Island view of the Marinduque Mainland

Monday, January 7, 2013

New Year's Resolutions, Predictions and Wishes

The Crystal
Ball for New Year Resolutions, Predictions and Wishes

This is the time of the year when a lot of us makes our new year resolutions, predictions and wishes for the coming year. Among the most vcommon and popular new year resolutions are losing weight, quit smoking and other bad habits and possibly exercise more and work harder. The above items are not in my list, since luckily I do not have a weight problem, do not smoke or have any bad habits and is too lazy to exercise. How about you my readers, do you have a New Year resolution you want to share?

With regards to predictions, there are several articles in the web listing economic, political and religious predictions. Some of the predictions, I felt were very possible. However, one prediction, that I believe was way off, but if it will come true will be certainly welcome by me and the rest of the Philippines. The prediction is that the new Filipino Cardinal Tagle will become Pope this year.

One reason why I feel this will not happen is the fact that Pope Benedict still appears very healthy. The other reason is that Tagle is not a 70 year old cardinal or older. The chance that a cardinal younger than 70 will be elected Pope is nil, I believe.

Of course predictions about the economy dominates the web. The prediction that the Philippines economy will increase by more than 5% in 2013 appear very possible. In addition, the prediction about the US economy of remaining the same is also very probable. Another prediction about the weather, typhoons, earthquakes, hurricanes and other calamities appeared that the worst is not over. Luckily to my delight I have not read any predictions of the end of the world in 2013.

Lastly, what are my wishes for 2013? . I wish for continuous good health, wisdom to continue writing and the patience and grace of getting old. My other wish is that the Philippines will have a peaceful, and orderly elections this coming May. My last wish is to see The SF 49'niners win the Super Bowl with Kaepernick as the quarterback.

Do you have a wish for 2013 you want to share?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...