Welcome and Mabuhay

If you love Marinduque and want to contribute articles to this site, please do so. My contact information is in my profile. The above photo was taken from the balcony of The Chateau Du Mer Beach House, Boac, Marindque, Philippines. I love sunsets. How about you? Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights. Thank you and Cheers!

Tres Reyes Island view of the Marinduque Mainland

Friday, April 20, 2012

Bright Future for the Filipino Youth

Zest Air- Flies Daily From Manila to Boac and Return-A 50-seater plane

Last week, Macrine ( my spouse of 55 years) and I were on our way to Manila from Boac, our first plane ride on our way back to Northern California. On this trip, I experienced an act of kindness from a complete stranger, from a handsome teenager from Manila. This act of kindness is an omen that if majority of the filipino youth think and act this way, there is a bright future for the filipino younger generation.

I was carrying two hand carries boarding a Zest Air plane bound for Manila. Suddenly, a young man rushes in front of me and volunteered to carry one of my hand carry up to my seat. I was sort of shocked, since this was not expected. I gave him a look of surprise and reluctantly gave him one of my hand carry bag.

Perhaps, you are wondering why I had two hand carries. The reason why I have two hand carries is that Macrine is now using a quad cane and is not able to carry her own hand carry bag. She refused to use a wheel chair in boarding the plane, since it was just a short walk from the boarding gate to the plane.

The volunteer was a young man named Carlo Yu. He is a student of De La Salle University in Manila. He is traveling with his mother and an older sister, returning to Manila after a three day vacation at the world-renown 5-star resort, Bellarocca Resort and Spa in Buenavista.

Thirty minutes later when we arrived in Manila, he and his sister again helped me picked up and load my three suitcases in my cart for check out.

Indeed what a kind and thoughtful young man. If most of the Filipino teenagers are like Carlo, there is indeed a bright future for the Filipino younger generation. Thank you again Carlo for your kindness. Perhaps someday our path will cross again, then I will have another chance to say thank you. Hep, Hep, Hurrah! for the Filipino Youth!

Note: When I was a college student in Manila, I remember helping an elderly couple carry one of their bags from the dock to the ferry boat during my annual summer vacation from Manila to Iloilo. As the saying goes " Wnat you sow you shall reap".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...