Welcome and Mabuhay

If you love Marinduque and want to contribute articles to this site, please do so. My contact information is in my profile. The above photo was taken from the balcony of The Chateau Du Mer Beach House, Boac, Marindque, Philippines. I love sunsets. How about you? Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights. Thank you and Cheers!

Tres Reyes Island view of the Marinduque Mainland

Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Why Women Live Longer Than Men



The demographics here at THD confirmed the fact that women live longer than men. Of the 121 residents as of this writing date, there are only 28 of the male gender here at THD. This is very evident during meal times as well as during Activity events. A good example is our Bridge Monday and Friday Games. I am the only Male out of the 7 Females Playing. The other day, I was having Dinner at the Comet Room. The three Tables for 6 were occupied by 17 women and me. I commented I feel outnumbered. However, one of my mahjong buddies boosted my ego that I have been surrounded by women all my life starting from my wife, two daughters and four grand daughters and I could handled very well surrounded by 17 women in a small room for at least one hour without damaging repercussions.  And I agree!      

Older age death rates tend to be higher among men than womenThese differences are partly due to gender differences in health behaviors, such as smoking, alcohol, and drug use, and occupational risks, which tend to be more common in men and have growing consequences with age.

According to a Harvard University study, men tend to possess more muscle mass, so they can run faster and lift weights more easily than women, but they are also more likely to contract more diseases 💚and have shorter lifespans. Testosterone?💚

As people grow older, death rates rise steeply from a range of diseases, including respiratory and cardiovascular diseases, infections, cancers, and autoimmune diseases. Men tend to have higher prevalence rates and death rates from many chronic conditions, which further contributes to the gap in life expectancy.

These differences are partly due to gender differences in health behaviors, such as smokingalcohol, and drug use, and occupational risks, which tend to be more common in men and have growing consequences with age.

As before, in 2021, all countries are above the diagonal line, which means death rates are higher in men than women.

https://ourworldindata.org/why-do-women-live-longer-than-men#:~:text=Older%20age%20death%20rates%20tend%20to%20be%20higher%20among%20men%20than%20women&text=These%20differences%20are%20partly%20due,have%20growing%20consequences%20with%20age.

💚https://madan.org.il/en/news/why-do-women-live-longer-men

Have a Great Day to ALL!  Be Kind to one Another as well! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...