Welcome and Mabuhay

If you love Marinduque and want to contribute articles to this site, please do so. My contact information is in my profile. The above photo was taken from the balcony of The Chateau Du Mer Beach House, Boac, Marindque, Philippines. I love sunsets. How about you? Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights. Thank you and Cheers!

Tres Reyes Island view of the Marinduque Mainland

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Super Typhoon Slammed Marinduque-Damage at Chateau Du Mer




I am crying as I am posting the following photos sent by my sister-in-law who was in Amoingon, Boac at Chateau Du Mer, Christmas Day. The damage to the landscaping and some structures will cost a lot of money. Luckily no one was hurt and we will recover. The clean-up will probably take at least one week to one month.


According to the news Super Typhoon Nock-ten was the most intense late December tropical cyclone anywhere on the globe in over a half century. Known in the Philippine area of responsibility as "Nina," this super typhoon first made landfall on Christmas Day as the equivalent of a Category 4 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale, with winds of 155 mph. Nock-ten/Nina was the strongest Christmas Day tropical cyclone anywhere on the globe dating to 1960, according to Colorado State University tropical scientist, Dr. Phil Klotzbach. 









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...