Welcome and Mabuhay
If you love Marinduque and want to contribute articles to this site, please do so. My contact information is in my profile. The above photo was taken from the balcony of The Chateau Du Mer Beach House, Boac, Marindque, Philippines. I love sunsets. How about you? Please do not forget to read the latest national and international news in the right side bar of this blog. Some of the photos and videos on this site, I do not own. However, I have no intention on infringing your copyrights. Thank you and Cheers!
Friday, December 7, 2012
My Twelve Favorite Quotes on Marriage
The following are my top 12 favorites quotes on the subject of marriage. Is your favorite in this list. My wife's favorite is number #1.
1.“My husband and I have never considered divorce... murder sometimes, but never divorce.”
― Joyce Brothers
2. “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
3. “Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed.”
― Albert Einstein
4. “Marriage is a fine institution, but I'm not ready for an institution.”
― Mae West, The 2,548 Best Things Anybody Ever Said
5. “There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will.”
― Robert Frost
6. “The problem with marriage is that it ends every night after making love, and it must be rebuilt every morning before breakfast.”
― Gabriel García Márquez
7. “Marriage must fight constantly against a monster which devours everything: routine.”
― Honoré de Balzac
8. “Some marriages are made in heaven,
Mine was made in Hong Kong, by the same people who make those little rubber pork chops they sell in the pet department at Kmart.”
― Tom Robbins
9. “Never forget the nine most important words of any family-
I love you.
You are beautiful.
Please forgive me.”
― H. Jackson Brown Jr.
10. “If you want to sacrifice the admiration of many men for the criticism of one, go ahead, get married.”
― Katharine Hepburn
11. “Marriage has no guarantees. If that's what you're looking for, go live with a car battery.”
― Erma Bombeck
12. “People are meant to go through life two by two. ’Tain’t natural to be lonesome.”
― Thornton Wilder, Our Town